The new TR Series Fly Reels from Abel are a Call-back to the iconic lightweight click-pawl reels of yesteryear that helped put Abel on the map as a premium fly reel manufacturer. Impeccably machined from the highest quality aluminum by Abel's expert machinists in Montrose, Colorado, the TR is a lightweight masterpiece.
An integrated precision-balanced clicker on the spool eliminates the need for a counterweight, yielding a clean look and retaining that iconic click-pawl sound. The pronounced palming rim is deliberately shaped to manually control drag pressure in all fishing conditions. The TR also features a large-arbor spool engineered to reduce line memory and increase retrieval rate. Machined stainless steel accents on both the frame and spool add an extra level of detail to the reel.
- 21 meticulously machined parts ensure a lifetime of dependable use
- Traditional click-pawl system protects light tippet while preventing overrun
- Partially-ported frame for the perfect balance of weight, sound, and aesthetics
- Milled silhouettes of a stonefly, caddis, and mayfly inside the frame
- Quick-change spool with a threaded release cap and large-arbor design
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Made in the USA