G. Loomis has always been on the leading edge of fly rod design, having consistently brought a multitude of new materials and design concepts to the sport. The brand has a long-standing reputation of innovation and attaches a pioneering mindset to every new rod design.
The Asquith Series of Fly Rods is the embodiment of over 30 years of development in materials and design. These rods are meant to be fast-action and will be capable of generating high line speeds while maintaining a critical level of sensitivity and castability. The swing-weight of the Asquith is low compared to similarly powered rods making it easier to keep casting without fatigue. And because it's a G. Loomis, precision is a fundamental aspect of this design.
- Proprietary Spiral-X Construction
- Unique Tapers designed by world casting champion Steve Rajeff
- Lightweight blank design offers very low overall rod weight
- Reduced weight and specified tapers result in very low swing-weight while casting
- Accurate casting is the hallmark of these rods
- Fast Action - able to generate high line speeds in varying conditions
- Quick Recovery
- Sensitive feel for enhanced fishability