The toughest days on the water are often the most instructive: they make us focus on the subtle details, reduce the variables and simplify our approach. We applied that same thinking to the toughest, most puncture-resistant waders we know how to make—and then we made them even better. Our Rio Gallegos Waders are built from our tested-and-proven 4-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabric package using single-seam construction to route critical seams away from areas of high wear, and their robust feature set offers the highest level of comfort, performance and durability. A slightly trimmer profile around the hips, waist and chest provides an improved fit that still easily accepts layers for long, cold sessions, while the innovative internal suspension system allows easy conversion to waist height and quick relief without having to remove your jacket. Motion-oriented patterning through the crotch means it’s no problem to swing a leg over gunwales, and articulation in the leg is designed for moments when fishing brings you to your knees—like keeping a fish wet during the photograph and release. If you fish in and out of boats, you’ll also appreciate the flat-panel gravel guards: they drain water quickly while resisting abrasion and wear while hiking or wading. Our booties have a more anatomical, sock-like fit and are made from a denser 4mm neoprene that resists compaction better over the long haul; they also have a poly-grid lining for added comfort. Outside, there’s a reach-through handwarmer pocket and large chest pocket with water-resistant horizontal zip for easy access to tippet spools, nippers and floatant. Interior gear storage includes a waterproof, flip-out welded TPU pocket, two drop-in stretch pockets and two internal daisy chains for tools. Other fishing-friendly features: center-back hanger loop for easy drying; stretch wading belt with low-profile buckle; removable knee pads; and a raised Fitz Roy Trout logo. Field repair kit included.
- - H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell with proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no multiple layers or added weight
- - Waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height for venting or quick relief without having to remove jacket; full elastic belt
- - Innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming eliminates seams from highest-wear points on inside of legs
- - Interior organization: welded TPU-waterproof zippered pocket flips out for easy access; two drop-in stretch pockets; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- - Exterior organization: reach-through handwarmer pocket; large chest pocket with horizontal water-resistant zipper; laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper on suspenders allows easy access to tools or nippers
- - Articulated legs; removable foam knee pads
- - Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume, a more sock-like fit and are poly-grid lined for additional warmth and comfort; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- - 1219 g (43 oz)
- H2No® Performance Standard shell.
- Upper: 4-layer, 5.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta.
- Lower: 4-layer, 9.1-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta.
- Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish