Introducing the new Ross Reels Evolution R Salt. The Evolution R Salt is a breakthrough product, designed with a power-to-weight ratio never before seen in a saltwater fly reel. This makes the R Salt the most unique, best performing reel per dollar on the water today, all in a stunning package.
Fishing in the salt is a grueling endeavor. The conditions are tough, and the fish can be even tougher; so we developed the Evolution R Salt to stand up to anything the sea can throw at it.
The R Salt builds on the foundation of its smaller sibling, but instead of the Evolution R's 7-disc system, it features a supercharged 16-disc sealed drag system comprised of stainless steel and carbon fluoropolymer, producing nearly 30 pounds of drag pressure. Also an industry first, the R Salt features two smaller counterbalances on the spool - this innovative design reduces mass and creates perfect, vibration-free performance when line is being ripped off the spool on long runs.
This exceptional braking power is housed in a lightweight, yet incredibly strong frame and spool that is based on the Evolution R's unique design. The large, frame-integrated drag knob allows for easy on-the-fly adjustments with just the palm of your hand during long fights with oversized quarry. The R Salt's geometry is reinforced throughout, yielding an incredibly rugged, yet elegant reel that performs in the most challenging of environments.
- SPECIAL EDITION 7/8 Reel in Matte Blue
- Fully machined in the USA from our proprietary 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, models start at just 7.5 ounces | Innovative dual mini counterbalances reduce mass.
- Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed system | Proprietary carbon fiber and stainless steel disc stack.
- All internal components are machined stainless steel, finished with a special coating for saltwater durability.
- Bolstered structural rigidity as well as increased backing capacity.
- Fully machined canvas phenolic rod, resting on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post yields reduced weight and increased grip when wet.
- Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color.
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion.
- Available in one size ONLY 7/8 in Matte Blue