DESTINATION: FLAT TOPS WILDERNESS, COLORADO
A True Backcountry Trout Experience
This is the backcountry trip you have been searching for. Nestled high in the Colorado high country is the famed Flat Tops Wilderness Area, covering over 235,000 acres. The Flat Tops is the third largest Wilderness area in the United States. With such iconic rivers and streams as the South Fork of the White River, South Derby Creek, Bull Lake, and Emerald and Crescent Lakes, just to name a few, this is an experience that will take you back in time to untouched land, unpressured fish, and starry nights around a campfire.
You will enjoy your 4-day, 3 night adventure chasing high country trout through the Wilderness area, calling your comfortable, and conveniently located canvas wall tent your high country home during this trip. Spend your days enjoying back country prepared meals, small creek sight fishing with dries to some of Colorado’s most wild cutthroat and brook trout while enjoying the sights and sounds of this pristine Wilderness area.
You will have the opportunity to chase new fish, and fish new water daily as a 4x4 vehicle will get you to the most productive streams, creeks, and lakes this region has to offer.
This is a trip for adventurous anglers prepared to cover ground and fish hard at high elevation, as you will be 8 – 15 miles into the wilderness area..
- Location: Gypsum, Colorado
- Season: July through early September
- Species: Cutthroat Trout & Brooke Trout
- Airport / Logistics: Fly in and out of Denver International Airport (DIA). No transportation is provided to and from the airport.
- $1900 per Angler, based on double occupancy.
- Group Limit - 6 Anglers
- Included - Meals cooked by your guides, campfire style. 4 Days in the Flat Tops. Canvas Wall Tent lodging, cots provided.
For trip dates, availability and pricing please contact Andrew Pulford at 303-794-1104 or email him at Andrew@anglersall.com